How we support DU
We raise money
The mission of the University of Denver Student Foundation is to foster and promote the spirit of philanthropy and the need to support the University through our contributions of time and money. One critical element of this is the education of our student body about the importance of giving back. The Student Trustees are tasked with reaching out to our campus and DU organizations to donate directly to the Student Foundation Fund or one of the project we are highlighting for the current academic year. The most important part of this process is educating the student body about what giving back to DU can do. By starting the tradition of giving back to DU while a student, we are able to not only help the student body immediately through donations, but ensure future support of the Institution as well. We strive to reach as many student organizations and individual students as possible.
The DUSF provides grants up to $500.00 to support activity’s in three areas:
- Student support – projects will address the needs of DU students and educate students about available resources for assistance
- Sustainability/green projects – advance environmental awareness on campus and expand DU’s focus on a sustainable future
- Enhancing the student experience – programs or projects that celebrate and advance One DU and help to provide an inclusive and engaging environment that supports our students.
Applications are graded on the proposed activity’s novelty, philanthropic value, impact on the University of Denver or the student community, ability to further the mission of the Student Foundation, and the perceived feasibility of the event/initiative. Higher priority is given to proposals that develop a greater understanding among people, a sense of social and professional responsibility, and qualities of leadership. Lower priority is given to proposals for standard educational requirements or programs that have been available through other channels in the past. Apply for a DUSF Grant
We build leaders
The University of Denver Student Foundation provides leadership opportunities and educational programs that emphasize developing skills in the areas of leadership, public speaking, and fundraising. The DUSF is committed to the continued development of its members and through DUSF student trustees will have opportunities to:
- Develop general skills in the areas of fundraising, programming, event management and public speaking.
- Practice presentation skills, including verbal communication, body language, creating buy-in, persuasiveness and physical presentation of self.
- Learn networking skills and the value of establishing relationships within in the DU community.
The University of Denver Student Foundation will provide students with extraordinary opportunities to meet distinguished alumni, work with a real endowment, and become experts on educating others on the importance of philanthropy. From orientation to commencement, students will have the opportunity to see the impact of philanthropy on their educational experience.
Current fundraising projects
Support your fellow Pioneers
Student Emergency Fund – The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) provides limited emergency financial assistance to currently enrolled University of Denver students who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses because of temporary hardship related to an unexpected situation. The fund is designated to off-set a short-term financial need and is not intended to replace or supplement financial aid. Funds are awarded as a grant, and unlike a loan, do not need to be repaid. Funds may count as income and may be subject to federal and/or state taxes. For more information or to apply: http://www.du.edu/pioneers-respond/emergency-fund/
Make a donation to the Student Foundation
Follow us on Social Media
- Get updates on the impact of your gift
- Receive information on our upcoming events for student donors
- Learn about DU alumni and their impact on their local communities
Facebook: DU Student Foundation
Instagram: DU Student Foundation